Monday, February 16, 2015

Berries Jam Pie and Pizza Margherita Recipes

Ciao and Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day and weekend! I decided to cook this weekend, and finally put to good use the great present that I got from my parents on my bday: the Kenwood Kmix, the best mixer in the world!


Isn't it fabulous? I love that it's red.
First thing I made the Jam Pie, here's the recipe.

Ingredients for the pie crust:
500 gr flour
250 gr butter (I used a low fat low cholesterol butter)
200 gr sugar
4 egg yolks and 1 egg white
zest of 1 lemon
a pinch of salt

Pre-heat the oven at 180°C

Just put everything in the mixer and mix it until it makes a solid ball, then put it in the fridge for half an hour to rest.


Fit the pie crust into a pie plate and fill it with a jam of your choice, I used 400 gr of mixed berries jam, my favorite!



It was Valentine's Day so I made heart shaped decorations to put on top of the pie.


Now put it in the oven at 180°C for 35 minutes. Here's the final result, believe me it was delicious!


Then I made pizza!!!! Hey I'm Italian after all!

Ingredients for the pizza dough:
500 gr of flour (you have to use the right kind of flour, the one for bread or pizza)
300 ml water (warm)
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
10 gr of salt
12,5 gr dried yeast (or 1 envelope)

Put the yeast and the sugar in a glass of warm water and the salt in another glass of warm water. Then put everything in the mixer and start mixing until it becomes a solid ball. 


Put the ball in a bowl, cover it with a cloth and put it somewhere to let it double its size, like inside the oven (turned off!). It usually takes 2 hours.


See? It's beautiful! It almost tripled!
Now you can place the dough in a pizza baking pan. Pre-heat the oven at 220°C. Season tomato sauce (about 200gr) with extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons) and salt (3 pinches) and put it on the dough. Then put whatever you want on the pizza, I put olives and of course mozzarella (only at last) and oregano, I like my pizza to be simple. But you can put prosciutto, mushrooms, salami and so on. Put it in the oven for about 10 minutes, then add mozzarella and leave inside for another 2 minutes.
This was the result and it was a big hit! I'm so proud!


Hope you enjoy these recipes, let me know if you give them a try! Have a great week!
Love, Fede

Follow me on Bloglovin'





10 comments:

  1. That pie looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing love:)

    xo
    www.charltonlee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks delicious!

    XO IMKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, believe! u should try to make it!

      Delete
  3. Looks great.Nice recipe!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I wish I could make things like this, I either get too lazy or discouraged when it doesnt come out perfect! lol Even so, I may just give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy actually! you shoud try! let me know!

      Delete